Monday, July 29, 2013

Staying on task.

So this blog isn't taking off as fast as I'd planned for it, but it's been a little challenge figuring out most of it out. And finding the time to do so, what to write about and so on. But instead of writing nothing I figured I better come up with something to keep you all around. Between making hair fabulous at Ish, being a wife and attempting to write a blog I've been fairly busy.
I wanted to share with you a bit of what my Sunday afternoons consist of.... Meal planning madness! Plan for success my meal prepping is the only way in my mind to stay fit and eat right. So a stop at Fred Meyer and Trader Joes and a few great recipes and I'm on my way. 
If your haven't had this amazing recipe from the south it's easy and a must try. 
Cucumber salad
3-Large cucumbers ,sliced
1- yellow onion, sliced
Mix together:
1/2 c white vinegar
1/4 c sugar
1 c. Water
1/4 c. Evvo
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper

As for last nights dinner, I stumbled upon For goodness frakes where I discovered an amazing mouthwatering begging for more meatball recipe. That I can't not share with you!




MEATBALLS:
1 lbs ground beef
1/2 red pepper chopped
1/2 yellow onion chopped

2 mushrooms chopped
1 tbsp of dried parsley, oregano, basil, thyme and garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

1 egg
Mix all ingredients together. Roll into balls. Grill on stove just enough to brown. Place in baking pan place in oven on 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
While that's doing its work. Cut a spaghetti squash in half. Pull out the guts. Place one half in at a time in a Microwave safe dish. Fill squash with water. Cover. Cook 20 min in microwave. Pour out water. Shred with fork.
And your spaghetti is done I absolutely love trader joes marinara sauce. So of course I spread that over my spaghetti squash top with meatballs and voila! Yummy!

While Im on this recipe train of sharing my goodness I knew you would want to know what tonight's recipe consisted of... Yesterday as I was browsing at trader joes I come across the amazing taste stand and they had Trader joes chicken jalapeño sausage. Holly goodness in my mouth. So good I didn't just buy one but two! So tonight, I sautéed some zucchini and squash and browned the sausage and that dinner was amazing! Next time your at trader joes don't forget to check it out. A delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment