Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Spicy grilled Tilapia


Along this journey of pregnancy eating healthy has been a bit challenging for me I try really hard but sometimes just cant help but feed into my cravings. I have eaten things I haven't ate in years in the last 8.5 months. But still eat healthy at times especially when my hubby is home. At least I can say I've been very active in crossfit this entire time. So maybe that's my justification I can eat a donut if I go to the gym LOL. in moderation right?!?  Well recently I have been trying to stay on the right track and have been pinteresting like a crazy lady! But that's my motivation good yummy healthy food inspires me to try it and eat it.  Recently I've been on a tilapia kick. yes fish. Tonight I made this amazing recipe and the second I took a bite I knew I had to share with my friends. All day today I had this recipe in mind but was a little worried about how it was going to workout on the grill talked to a few co-workers and came up with this amazingness!

1 lb tilapia fillets
1tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
3 Tbsp Olive oil
mix all ingredients minus fish. then base it on both sides of the filet. Heat grill to medium place aluminum foil on grill (close lid to allow foil to heat up nicely) spray with cooking spray and lay your filets on foil. cook 4 mins each side. and sever. Pure amazingness. my inspiration was from this site via pinterest. I altered it a tad on accident. but it was amazing! I served with grilled veggies

1 zucchini , sliced
1 yellow squash ,sliced
1/2 red onion, cut into small squares
2TBSP olive oil
sprinkled with salt, pepper, tad bit of garlic salt tossed all together and placed on grill in veggie tray.

Feeling pretty good about myself and this healthy meal except Derek wasn't home tonight to enjoy it with me:( he will be excited once I make it again which is a must! Try it what ya think? 
Ps sorry I didn't take a better pic wasn't thinking about the post. Derek wasn't home so I enjoyed my evening wih little Kai. 

No comments:

Post a Comment