Sunday, January 5, 2014

Preparing for the holidays

I realize this post is a bit late as these last few weeks really flew by but I didn't wanna get by and not post Christmas pictures. 
This is by far my favorite time of year. The amazing birth of baby Jesus, spending time with the ones we love the most and the magical sparkle in every little boy and girls eye. 

This is the first year Derek and I have been in our house together for Christmas last year he was deployed. So of course Derek wasn't going to have a fake tree in our house living in Washington and being raised on a tree farm. So last weekend Black Friday with bellies still full from the previous day we put Kai in the truck and headed out to the tree farm to pick out the perfect tree. We went up to a special lot where Kai could run and play while we choose the perfect tree. Derek was so happy. It was so fun to see the twinkle in his eye and the little boy come out of his sole. We loaded it up and brought it home to enjoy. Mind you those needles are already starting to drive me crazy. But I will say at home depo they sell Christmas tree nutrition I was told. And have pirhcased it and use everyday we shall see if I can keep it alive. It's supposed to extend the life of the tree. Just wanted to share our beautiful decorated house.  Merry Christmas! 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment