Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A little Georgia peach.


Kinlee and I had an amazing time visiting auntie Alicia and uncle Malcolm  in Georgia. It was both of our first experiences visiting Georgia and it was a beautiful visit. The weather was great one day it made it up to 78 and SUNNY!! I learned real quick my Washington baby hates the sun. Not even just the sun but the brightness.

 We enjoyed auntie and uncle time. It was good to finally get to see their beautiful home that Alicia has decorated oh so cute. (Yes she takes after me with style..... Not to be conceited or to brag) the puppies were amazing they absolutely loved baby k! 


We shared some much needed sister time with late night girl talks and lots of laughter. Alicia was finally able to get her hair done (yes she only gets it cut or new color when we visit each other) with that being said we cut off around 10 inches back into a cute long balayage bob. Such a change! We shopped our hearts out especially in the baby departments. Experienced lots of blowout diapers. 

We laughted until we cried. 
We snuggled baby Kinlee till she fell asleep or got bored. 


We cooked our first thanksgiving dinner together (a bit early but we can't be together on the actual day) we made Cajun turkey breast, sweet potato casserole topped with pecan strussel...Life changing! Creamed corn with bacon crumbles, green bean casserole, salad, rolls and apple bread topped with salted caramel drizzle.... So delicious! We played board games and reminised old times around the coffee table until our eye lids could no longer stay open. 


Kinlee got lots of cuddles from auntie and uncle. She enjoyed many evenings in the arms of uncle Malcolm watching whatever he wanted on tv cause anything on tv is amazing. She got lots of kisses and snuggles from him too. To see how in love he is with my little girl just totally melted my heart. We were so thankful to spend this time with uncle! 


Nothing to me is better than spending time with my family. The ones I love the most. I sometimes take these things for granted at how amazing our relationships are. Each time I visit with Alicia I realize more and more how we are just exactly alike in many ways and  how she truly is my best friend. She is the one I can talk to about anything in the world and it doesn't even matter. She is more than a sister now, she is more than a best friend to me. She is an aunt to my daughter and soon to be her best friend as well. The connection in the eyes of my baby as she goo goo'ed will only begin to grow stronger as the years pass by. I am very thankful I was able to take this trip and spend time wth Alicia Malcolm and Malcolm's little brother. We truly had an amazing time and are so sad to be headed back to the west. Maybe someday the army will station us at the same location. Now that would be a dream come true for all of us! 


No comments:

Post a Comment