Monday, October 21, 2013

Steak Fajitas

This is one of my favorite Paleo recipes and I keep forgetting to post it. Its something I typically will cook when we have guest over and I wanna keep it pretty paleo and like who really doesn't like Fajitas? I've also used the marinate for chicken as well.. For all of my peeps out there that have been dying for this recipe... its all yours!
This recipe can be found in the Make it Paleo Coookbook its one of my favorite books. Ive also tweaked the recipe a bit to my flavoring and that's what I'm sharing with you. Also teaches a great deal about Paleo and clean eating
So here it is..
Steak Fajitas
Ingredients:
1 lb skirt steak (I've been known to use Sirloin)
1 Tbsp Olive oil
1 red pepper thinly sliced
1 yellow onion
Baby Bella Mushrooms
1 red onion thinly sliced
1 tsp of salt, pepper and southwest chipotle seasoning

Marinate
2 Tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1.5 limes
1tsp salt, pepper and southwest chipotle seasoning
4 garlic cloves minced

This is what you do:
place steak in a gallon zip lock bag set aside
In mall mixing bowl whisk  together marinate mixture
pour over steak in zip lock bag seal and toss gently
place in refrigerator overnight or for several hours
preheat grill 500 degrees
remove steak from fridge and bring to room temp.
grill steak 3-4 mins per side time varies depending on how well you like it done. this works great for me coming out Medium/ medium rare. let sit 5 mins then cut into thin strips
heat olive oil on med heat in cast iron skillet
add veggies and seasonings and sauté until onions and peppers are softened a bit. remove from heat
turn oven on broil raise rack and place veggies under broiler until veggies start to get crispy about 4 minutes. take out of oven
serve steak with veggies on top with a side of Guacamole.

My favorite simple easy homemade gauc.
2 avocados ripped, pit and mash in small bowl
add on package of McCormick's spicy guacamole dip
serve chilled.


No comments:

Post a Comment