Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Keratin smoothing treatment aka: Keratin complex

So it's been quite awhile since I have blogged. I have had so much going on lately I don't know where to begin or where to finish. I do know soon I will be posting some amazing DIY because fall time always makes me get a little more creative as that's when the rain comes misting down. So stay focused and look for some amazingness soon!


So it's been on my mind a lot lately to blog about some hair stuff. And the keratin blowouts have been a huge topic around my chair. Which is right for you... What the difference is... Is it really worth it and is going to harm you or the ones around you. So many questions. Here are my thoughts in a nutshell. 
First I wanna say before I made the full decision to start doing these treatments I did lots of research on deciding if this was something I really wanted to do. I have now been certified for doing keratin complex smoothing treatments for almost three years and nothing would I change about choosing this company vs any other. After all it is the #1 leading smoothing treatment on the market that does not contain Formaldahyde or form of. I also did an extent research on this product prior to purchase as there was some major issues within the salon with the other girls not wanting me to perform it. So this is what I've learned. 
So you ask what is the difference and what's the hype about? 
It's different than any other service. The more you treat your hair the better it is. Therefore the more you do it the more protein is infused into your hair. Protein is the building blocks of your hair. Therefore it's going to make your hair silkier softer and more manageable. Your now going to have the perfect hair you've always wanted. It's great for all hair types especially chemically treated hair. (Aka color treated) Where your hair has been damaged it's going to make it stronger but infusing those proteins. With this being said it will be stronger so not only is it more manageable but it's going to prevent your hair color from fading. It's humidity resistant so when you go out into this misty Washington rain your hair isn't going to be a huge frizz ball. Or you take a mid year vacation to Mexico spend all that time smoothing it and then go out into the heat and it remains smooth cause it's humidity resistant. 

So what does it really do? 
It's infusing the specially formulated natural keratin into the inner layers of the cuticle reducing unruly curl and frizz. It's going to lock out the humidity. The keratin is bonded to the cuticle with a flat iron that's going to make this treatment last. No worries about color fading you can get this treatment directly after a color service and it's going to make your color last longer than it ever has. 
What's the difference in a blowout and treatment? 
The blow out takes half the time and doesn't penetrate as deep in the cuticle so it's only going to last up to six weeks and can be washed eight hours later. As the for the keratin treatment is going to go deep inside that cuticle and create smoothness up to five months with no shapooing for 3 days. It's truly the most amazing thing ever! After a treatment or blowout your hair can not be placed in a pony tail, tucked behind ears or anything with a crease. 
So after the treatment fades what will happen? 
Your hair will just go back to normal. But like said before the more you treat it he better it is and the longer it will last. It's also highly recommended to use at home care keratin complex shampoo and conditioner to extend the life of your treatment/blow out. If you run out sulfate free is always a good option as well. 
All I can say thus far in regards to Brazilian blowout is that it has been three years since I have done research on this company and the products they carry. The one thing I do know that strikes my mind a bit is that it's only available in certain states and that to me is kinda weird and leaves a funny feeling in my belly. But like I said I haven't looked up what they have changed to make it better from the past. I know people who perform it and have recieved the service and all is good. I just know it's not the company for me. Stay tuned as I'm starting new reseach on the new product. 
Now with this being said what are you waiting for? Time to get silky shiny frizz free hair! 

No comments:

Post a Comment