Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Paleo chilli

With the cold weather upon us it always makes it hard to stick to good eating habits and comfort foods tend to take over my mind and body. Although after eating clean for the last year and really focusing on eliminating dairy, beans and carbs now when I have them it does a toll on my body. I have been craving chilli so I made a real traditional dish a few weeks ago and was sick for nearly two days with a bloated stomach and pains I have never experienced before. And now I've been craving it again but can't put those beans in my belly as I can't deal with that feeling. So I pulled out my favorite paleo cookbook and found a great recipe that was too good to not share with you all. I tweaked it a bit so this is what I came up with:
(Photo is prior to be completely cooked) 

Paleo no bean chilli 
1 yellow onion chopped 
2 green peppers chopped 
1 fist of garlic peeled and chopped 
2tbsp coconut oil 
3-4lb roast diced (I used stew meat) 
1tbsp paprika 
2 tsp cumin 
1tsp chipotle 
1tsp salt m1tsp pepper m6 oz tomato paste 
30 oz fire roasted tomatoes 
1 cup water 

Add one tbsp coconut oil to iron skillet. Cook onions till translucent remove and add to crockpot 
Add green peppers to skillet cook tong enough to brown them a bit. Add to crockpot 
Then add 1 tbsp coconut oil to skillet once hot add cubed meat. Lightly brown and seat the edges 
Add to mixture in crockpot 
Next add seasonings, cup of water tomato paste and fire roasted tomatos. Mix all ingredients really well. Place on low for 3-5 hours. 
And dinner is served. I've been told this type of chili is amazing over a sweet potato but didn't have time to prepare. Really enjoyed this dish. Now your turn... Tell me what you think. 

No comments:

Post a Comment